Useful Information


One academic semester mobility (less than 6 months or 180 days) for Students who don’t need Visa to enter in Colombia.
A student coming for one semester at USTA is considered as a Non-Regular Student (courses, Spanish courses, internship…) and can enter with an Entry Permission for students / Permiso de Ingreso PIP-2. PIP 5 y PIP 10 (from Students of Schengen countries). He doesn’t need a VISA.

An acceptance letter from the USTA will be provided to all students by email. The students will have to present it with their return ticket when they arrive at the Airport or at any Immigration Control post. This Entry Permission is valid only for 90 days. The student has to go on the Migration Office for a 90 days extension.

• More than one academic semester mobility (more than 6 months or 180 days) or Students who need Visa to enter in Colombia. A Student Visa TP-3 is needed to enter in Colombia. We strongly advise the student to contact the Colombian Consulate in the student’s home country in order to know which visa process is applicable. Start this formality in advance because the process of the visa can take a long time.

Pick up at the airport

We don’t have pick up service at the airport. Taxi service is provided at the airport. To go to the university from the airport usually
costs approximately USD $ 10-12.

Living Costs in Bogotá

Accommodation: from 200 USD
Transport : 1 USD
Restaurant: from 2 USD

Heath Care

All exchange students are required to have International Health Insurance before leaving their home country, covering medical expenses for the full semester. The insurance covers at least hospitalization costs (resulting from an emergency), medicine, odontology, and health and funeral repatriations.

Emergency contact

Incoming students 
Esta dirección de correo electrónico está siendo protegida contra los robots de spam. Necesita tener JavaScript habilitado para poder verlo.
PBX: (57-1) 5878797 ext: -1934

Bogotá: More Information


Sedes y Seccionales